If you’re looking to sell your home during the COVID-19 pandemic, you probably have a valid list of concerns and reservations.
Fortunately, experts say that these challenges haven’t been detrimental to the real estate industry and they can certainly be overcome.
Continue reading to learn three expert tips for safely and lucratively selling your home during this time.
Implement Open House Restrictions
Allowing potential buyers to examine your home is a crucial aspect of selling it, but it might be nerve-racking to allow strangers into your living space right now. Fortunately, there are many ways you can mitigate the risks that accompany the pandemic:
- Stage the home yourself.
- Only allow serious, pre-qualified buyers inside.
- Require an appointment for showings.
- Prepare the home beforehand to limit the number of surfaces buyers have to touch. (Open blinds, turn on lights, open closets, etc.)
- Consider posting a sign on the front door that lists the CDC guidelines.
- Implement procedures that will cut down on germs such as wearing a mask and gloves, regularly disinfecting surfaces, and having hand sanitizer available throughout your home.
- Be aware of any restrictions on the number of people who may be present, and discourage non-essential parties from attending showings.
Take Advantage of Technology
Individuals spanning the world have needed to rely on technology throughout this pandemic and real estate poses no exception. Safely selling your home can become a reality by utilizing the benefits technology has to offer. Here are a few ways to take advantage of this:
- Utilize online marketing.
- Inquire about drive-by appraisals.
- Hold virtual open houses and showings.
- Create 3D walk-through videos for potential buyers to view.
- Sign documents electronically.
- Make any negotiations over the phone or via email.
- Work with a notary virtually.
- Hold meetings over video chat, such as FaceTime, Google Chat, or Zoom.
- Ask the title company about remote closing options.
Don’t Be Afraid to Sell Your Home During the Pandemic
The Fair Housing Act still applies during the COVID-19 pandemic. This means that federal and state laws remain intact making it unlawful to discriminate on several protected bases, including disability and national origin. Even with the surge of this virus, people are still readily buying and selling homes.
Experts share that even though there has been a slight dip in buyers during the pandemic, many sellers are still seeing high success rates. While you may see fewer buyers than usual, you may likely encounter only serious buyers.
House prices are still on the rise, but mortgage rates have been trending downward. This means that you might make a higher profit and also get a great deal on your next home’s mortgage payment.
Sell Your Home Fast with Agape Home Buyers
The best way to sell your home during the COVID-19 pandemic is to work with Agape Home Buyers. We buy houses all across Florida in places like Gainesville, Ocala, Daytona Beach, Deltona, Orlando, Cocoa, Tampa, Bradenton, and everywhere in between. Regardless of the price or condition, we would love to work with you.
Reach out to get your all-cash offer today!